Today is the 8th anniversary of the start of the war in Afghanistan. We spoke with Retired General Jake Keane this morning about whether General McCrystal is right - that more troops are needed there immediately. "Yes is the short answer," General Keane told KSL. "We need to stop the bleeding." He also explained how the situation is different now than when the Russians were in that country - our goal is different. The General talked about how the Afghan people want help getting the Taliban out of their country. Click here to hear more.
"We need to stop the bleeding."
- Weather service issues multiple warnings across southern Utah as flooding continues
- Police: Man arrested after stabbing person 15 to 18 times, shooting at arriving officers in West Jordan
- Family in capsized boat says divine intervention saved them during Bear Lake storm
- Great Salt Lake water levels officially hit an all-time low
- Utes gymnasts MyKayla Skinner, Grace McCallum begin Olympic journey
- Utah grandma, 83, receives karate black belt from Chuck Norris
- Want a bigger raise? Some US companies push COVID-19 shots for staff
- Most unvaccinated Americans don't want shots, new poll says
- Park City fire chief dies after UTV accident while on vacation
- 'People are just walking out in the middle of shifts': What it's like to work in a restaurant right now