This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
As President-elect Barack Obama joked this week, he may be "putting together the best basketball-playing Cabinet in American history." The president-elect could put this lineup on the floor:
• The president-elect himself. He was on the state championship team at Punahou School in Hawaii.
• Six-foot-5 Chicago schools superintendent Arne Duncan, nominated as education secretary, has been playing in pickup games with Obama for more than 10 years.
• Retired Marine Gen. James Jones, who is slated to be the president's national security adviser. He's 6-foot-4 and played forward at Georgetown University in the early '60s.
• Susan Rice, who was picked by Obama to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, was a star point guard at the National Cathedral School in Washington.
• Eric Holder, who's been nominated to be attorney general, played for Stuyvesant High School in New York City.
• Timothy Geithner, who is slated to be treasury secretary, "hates to miss a pick-up game."