SALT LAKE CITY — And it's down to two.
The Utah Jazz have a little more clarity when it comes to their first-round series following Wednesday's play-in games. Utah will open up the playoffs on Sunday at Vivint Arena against either the Golden State Warriors or Memphis Grizzlies.
The Warriors fell to the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday 103-100, dropping them into the win-or-go-home bout for the eighth seed. Memphis defeated the San Antonio Spurs 100-96 to advance to the final play-in game.
The Warriors-Grizzlies will play Friday at 7 p.m. for the right to play the Jazz.
But that wasn't all the clarity that came from Wednesday's results. Utah might not yet know who its opponent is, but at least it knows when it'll be playing.
With Wednesday's results also came the full first round schedule.
Utah vs. Golden State/Memphis
- Game 1: Sunday at Utah, 7:30 p.m.
- Game 2: Wednesday at Utah, 8 p.m.
- Game 3: Saturday, May 29, at Golden State/Memphis, TBA
- Game 4: Monday, May 31, at Golden State/Memphis, TBA
- Game 5: Wednesday, June 2, at Utah, TBA
- Game 6: Friday, June 4, at Golden State/Memphis, TBA
- Game 7: Sunday, June 6, at Utah, TBA
The schedule brings some immediate good news for the Jazz. With two game off in between Games 1 and 2 and Games 2 and 3, it gives some extra time for Donovan Mitchell's ankle to rest. The Jazz have not yet given an update on Mitchell, who hasn't played since spraining the ankle on April 16.