While Operation Warp Speed may sound like something out of a spy movie, it's the real-life plan executed by the Trump Administration enabling pharmaceutical companies to rush a COVID-19 vaccine. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, congress funneled nearly $10 billion toward the vaccine development efforts.
Initially, the hope was to have a vaccine developed by January 2021. As of December 2020, some healthcare workers in America have already received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. It's not yet known when the general public can line up for the first round of vaccines.
In the meantime, it's important that businesses do their part to keep their customers and the community healthy. Your business can show its commitment to keeping everyone healthier by pledging to Stay Safe to Stay Open. These are the measures you agree to:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
To make the pledge and hang up the sign indicating you pledge to keep everyone healthy, visit stayopenutah.com.
If you think you're up-to-date on all of the latest COVID-19 vaccine news, take the quiz below. Enter your information and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card.