Since the turn of the seasons, Utah has seen its fair share of COVID-19 case increases. Based on the reports released by the Utah Department of Health, it appears the cooler weather coincided with an uptick in positive case numbers.
Health experts advise the best way to keep case counts on the decline is by staying home for the holidays, in addition to practicing healthy hygiene. This includes wearing a mask, washing/sanitizing hands frequently, and maintaining six feet of distance from others.
Additionally, you can choose to shop, eat and support places that are promising to do the same. You can tell if a place is promising to keep everyone healthy if they have taken the pledge to Stay Safe to Stay Open. These are a few action items businesses pledge to do:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash their hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
For more information or to take the pledge, visit stayopenutah.com.
Do you think you keep up with the latest Utah COVID-19 news? Take this quiz below to find out just how much you really know. Be sure to enter your information for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!