Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Back at the end of the summer, experts warned the community that flu season and the start of winter would be rough in terms of COVID-19 cases, according to the Washington Post. Their warnings seem to have proven true. A KSL.com article reported the average number of positive COVID-19 cases per day (for the last seven days) is now at 2,627, which is a large jump from September 9th's 383 average.
While the case numbers are still high, the advice from medical professionals is the same: social distance, wear a mask, and stay home if you're sick. Additionally, it's important that businesses do their part to keep their customers and the community healthy. Your business can show its commitment to keeping everyone healthier by pledging to Stay Safe to Stay Open. These are the measures you agree to:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
To make the pledge and hang up the sign indicating you pledge to keep everyone healthy, visit stayopenutah.com.
If you think you're up-to-date on all of the latest COVID-19 news, take the quiz below. Enter your information and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card.