Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SOUTH JORDAN — Officials on Wednesday identified the man and two boys who were shot and killed Tuesday in a suspected murder-suicide.
Seth Osborn, 8, and Ezra Osborn, 10, were found dead at a home near the intersection of Indigo Sky Way and Pentenwell Lane in the Daybreak area on Tuesday, according to South Jordan police.
Police said the boys were shot and killed by their father, 41-year-old Brian Osborn, who then died by suicide.
Authorities responded to the home, 4329 W. Pentenwell Lane, just after 4 p.m. on Tuesday after the mother reported finding her 8-year-old son Seth with a gunshot wound.
The child was transported to a hospital and died of his injuries.
As police moved through the home, officers found Ezra and Brian Osborn dead of gunshot wounds.
Investigators said Brian Osborn had been watching his two sons at the home while the mother was at work, but he had not been living there for several months.
South Jordan police have responded to the home before for non-criminal domestic issues, the last time being in November, police said.
Domestic violence resources
Help for people in abusive relationships can be found by contacting:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Statewide/Salt Lake County Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- County Crisis Lines: https://www.namiut.org/families-caregivers/suicide-prevention
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org