This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BOUNTIFUL — Seven children were taken to Primary Children’s Hospital on Thursday after an excess of solution in a recreation center hot tub gave them minor respiratory problems, officials said.
The incident occurred at South Davis Recreation Center, 550 N. 200 West, according to South Davis Metro Deputy Fire Chief Dave Powers.
Health department officials were going to the scene to assess the situation and how it can be avoided in the future.
Five of the children were driven by personal vehicle to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City and the other two were transported via ambulance, Powers said.