Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
BOUNTIFUL — No injuries were reported at a Bountiful house fire on Tuesday afternoon, but the home was likely a total loss, according to South Davis Metro fire officials.
The gas-fed fire was first reported just before 3 p.m. near 3400 S. 350 West, and authorities could see heavy smoke and flames while approaching the home, South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said.
The back of the home was completely engulfed in flames. As firefighters approached, propane tanks began exploding, Bassett said.
When crews arrived, all of the windows and doors in the home had been blown out, allowing more air to enter the home and feeding the flames further, Bassett explained.
The fire moved through the home and went into the attic as well. Snowy conditions and the slope of the home made it difficult for firefighters to stand and fight the flames, Bassett said.
The two residents of the home were displaced and uninjured. No firefighters were injured in the blaze, either.
The occupants did own one pet that firefighters were unable to find asl of Tuesday evening. Bassett said, unfortunately, the pet likely died in the fire.
Fire officials don’t yet know the exact cause of the fire. An investigation will begin once the fire is extinguished, Bassett said.
Contributing: Jay Dortzbach, KSL TV