Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Northern Utah family is without Christmas presents after a fire ravaged their home, causing up to $150,000 in damage.
The Deseret News reports that Smithfield firefighters went to the home on Saturday and put out flames in the basement. No one was injured in the fire.
Smithfield Fire Battalion Chief Brandt Pritcher says almost every room in the house has significant smoke damage, including where the family's Christmas presents were being stored.
Brandt estimated the total cost of damage was between $100,000 and $150,000.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
He said firefighters found no smoke detectors in the house.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.