Estimated read time: Less than a minute
Cooking Local – Honey Serrano Cornbread
1 C Cornmeal
3 C Flour (Lehi Roller Mills Winter White Flour in Bulk Dept., Lehi, UT)
1 C Sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2/3 C Vegetable Oil
1 Stick Harmons Salted Butter, Melted
½ Cup Raw Honey (Cox Honeyland, Logan, UT)
4 ea. Harmons Large Eggs, beaten
2 ½ C Harmons Whole Milk
2 Ea. Serrano Peppers, seeded, deveined & diced (Bountiful, UT)
2 C Fresh Corn Kernels (Springville, UT)
2 oz. Apricot & Honey Goat Cheese (Drake Family Farms, West Jordan, UT)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In large bowl, stir together dry ingredients: Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine wet ingredients: oil, melted butter, honey, eggs and milk.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently stir with rubber spatula until ingredients come together without over-mixing.
5. Gently fold in corn kernels and diced Serrano peppers.
6. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting butter knife. When knife comes out clean, bread is done.
7. Serve cornbread with Apricot Honey Goat Cheese.