This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is accusing former President Barack Obama of tapping his telephones during last year's election, lodging a startling allegation of abuse of power without evidence or explanation. In a series of angry morning tweets on Saturday, Trump suggested his predecessor was behind a politically motivated plot to upend his campaign. Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis says the assertion is "simply false."
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence is angry at The Associated Press for listing his wife's email address in a story about his frequent resistance to public records requests while Indiana's governor. In a tweet, Pence says the AP "violated her privacy and our security." Lauren Easton, the AP's director of media relations, says "AP removed the email address from subsequent stories after learning Mrs. Pence still used the account."
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities in South Carolina say deputies answering a 911 call have shot and killed a man who pointed a gun at them. Greenville County Sheriff Will Lewis says deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call today, about 30 miles west of Spartanburg. He says as the deputies approached the man, he pointed a gun at them. The sheriff says the officers had no choice but to shoot the man. Five deputies are on administrative leave.
DALLAS (AP) — Authorities in Texas say an elderly resident of a Dallas condominium complex is unaccounted for after a fire destroyed the four-story structure on Friday night. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says firefighters searched for the woman today and also contacted her family and friends. Dallas police have also issued a critical missing person advisory for the woman, described as having dementia and last seen Friday night.
BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libyan armed forces based in the east have launched more airstrikes against militias that had seized two oil terminals. A spokesman for forces commanded by army chief Gen. Khalifa Hifter says three airstrikes Saturday hit targets in the area around the terminals, where at least nine soldiers were killed in Friday's attack that drove out the army. The army is deploying more forces to launch a counterattack to drive out the militias,
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.