Find a list of your saved stories here

California bus rider injured after e-cig bursts into flames


Save Story

Save stories to read later


Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man was taken to a California hospital Wednesday afternoon after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket while he was riding a bus.

The Fresno Bee reports (http://bit.ly/2ijE00K ) that witnesses on the bus say the man was trying use the device when the driver told him to stop. Authorities say the man then put the device in his pocket where it malfunctioned and burst into flames. Witnesses say the man jumped from his seat screaming for help, the newspaper reported.

Fresno Fire Department spokesman Hector Vasquez says the victim was conscious and alert at the hospital. His name and age were not released. No one else was injured.

His condition was not available Thursday.

___

Information from: The Fresno Bee, http://www.fresnobee.com

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

U.S.
The Associated Press

    STAY IN THE KNOW

    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast