This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkey's prime minister has ruled out a new peace initiative with the country's outlawed Kurdish rebels.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told foreign media representatives on Saturday: "there is no (new peace) process. We would not enter into a dialogue with a terror organization."
His comments came as the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, has intensified its bomb attacks targeting police and military. More than a dozen people were killed in attacks this week.
A cease-fire between the PKK and the government collapsed last year, leading to a resumption of the three-decade long violence that has led to hundreds of deaths.
Yildirim also said the rebel group had failed to put the previous peace process into good use. Turkey and its allies consider the PKK a terrorist organization.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.