Danvers couple found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

DANVERS, Ill. (AP) — Autopsy results show that a Danvers couple found dead in their garage died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The McLean County coroner says the victims were 71-year-old Deloris A. Meiss and 70-year-old Robert L. Fauber. They died Tuesday afternoon in the town northwest of Bloomington. Authorities say the cause was an improperly vented generator.

Sheriff John Sandage says Congerville fire and rescue workers found the couple's bodies after receiving a call from someone who was checking on them. Police and the coroner say the deaths remain under investigation but the sheriff says no foul play is suspected.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast