Family of 4 treated for carbon monoxide from grill in home

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PHOENIX (AP) — A family of four was treated for carbon-monoxide poisoning after the father took a charcoal grill inside their townhome for warmth.

Fire crews found deadly levels of carbon monoxide in the home's second floor Monday night after family members felt sick and called 911.

Firefighters treated the father and one child at the scene, while the mother and another child were taken to a hospital as a precaution.

Fire Capt. Ben Santillan said the home's heat wasn't working.

Firefighters cleared the home of gas, enabling the family to go back inside.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast