Ada County firefighters promote carbon monoxide monitors

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — In the wake of a Nampa couple that was found dead in their home this past week, Ada County firefighters are reminding residents to invest in carbon monoxide monitors.

KTVB-TV reports ( ) that firefighters say having a detector could save your life, as the poisonous gas is colorless and odorless.

Officials say this year alone Ada County firefighters have responded to more than 260 carbon monoxide poisoning-related calls.

The endorsement comes after 90-year-old Mildred Thompson and 88-year-old Thomas Thompson were found dead in their Nampa home on Thursday. Officials suspect the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning after a vehicle was left running in the garage, though lab results are not back yet.


Information from: KTVB-TV,

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast