Estimated read time: Less than a minute
RIO RANCHO, N.M. (AP) — Two 14-year-olds were taken to the hospital after accepting a drink police say was spiked with lab chemicals by other students.
KOAT-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1JZFkOb ) that a girl and boy at Eagle Ridge Middle School in Rio Rancho were offered what appeared to be a blue sports drink by classmates. The girl was taken to the hospital after complaining to the school nurse about abdominal pain and nausea. The boy's parents took him to the hospital.
Rio Rancho police say two 14-year-old boys grabbed materials from one of the science labs and placed a mixture into the drink.
The girl's mother Anastasia Peralta says her daughter is in stable condition. She says doctors are running tests to find out what she ingested.
Police are looking into filing criminal charges.
Information from: KOAT-TV, http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/index.html
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.