Teen dies after being electrocuted taking selfie atop train



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — A teenager has died after she was electrocuted while taking selfies atop a parked train in northeast Romania.

Anna Ursu, 18, was hospitalized in the St. Spiridon Hospital in the city of Iasi on Friday with severe burns after she apparently touched a high-voltage wire above the train, which was parked in Iasi. A friend was also hospitalized in the St. Maria hospital with slight injuries, hospital spokesman Lucian Cernahonschi Wednesday.

Ursu was transferred to the Bucharest Burns Hospital where she died on Sunday.

Anisia Iliescu at the hospital's emergency department on Wednesday it was impossible to save the girl. "Her whole body was burned," Iliescu said.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast