Estimated read time: Less than a minute
DENVER (AP) — Authorities say one of five students who ingested marijuana at a Denver middle school was taken to a hospital at the request of her parents.
Police spokesman Sonny Jackson tells The Denver Post (http://goo.gl/UL1A56 ) that students notified staff at Skinner Middle School on Thursday afternoon that some of their classmates had ingested marijuana. One girl was cited for having marijuana on school grounds, possession of alcohol by a minor and unlawful acts on school grounds.
She was released to her parents.
Principal Michelle Koyama issued a letter to parents Thursday afternoon, praising the students who notified school officials about the "unsafe and unhealthy choices" their classmates were making.
Jackson says the marijuana was "not a traditional edible."
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com