This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
A couple University of Utah students have exercised their entrepreneurial skills, and have created a great new set of high-tech ski goggles unlike anything on the market now for the powder-hounds we have here in our state.
Schaeffer Warnock and Jake Nelson are telling us what makes Aura Optics so different from any other extreme sport goggles available.
- Spherical Lenses These provide a wider range of vision, minimize distortion and offer superior protection against fog.
- AuraFlow A total of five vents let your goggles and your face breathe, preventing moisture and heat buildup.
- HighFit A fit which sits higher on your face leaves your nose and mouth free to breathe easy.
- SoftFit TPU frames that are 30% softer allows them to be more easily flexible in order to give you a better fit for comfort and wind blocking.
- HandsOn To ensure that you are fog free everywhere on the mountain we double down on the anti-fog. We apply not only the preliminary manufactured anti-fog coat, but also a secondary treatment. Applied by hand to each and every lens.
Aura Optics is a Kickstarter Page right now, but they're fully funded and working to fill orders for all those who have pledged.