Authorities: 2 dead in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning


2 photos
Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

BLUE LAKE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have caused the deaths of a married couple found in a western Michigan home.

The Muskegon Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/1DMnWsY ) the Muskegon County sheriff's department says family members found Joseph Wayne Jurecki and Barbara Jean Jurecki, both in their 70s, inside the home in Blue Lake Township on Thursday.

Emergency responders detected fumes when they arrived at the home.

Sheriff Dean Roesler says it's believed that they died at least two days, possible four, before they were discovered. Investigators believe that the couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to an improperly ventilated furnace. No foul play is suspected.

The investigation is ongoing.

___

Information from: The Muskegon Chronicle, http://www.mlive.com/muskegon

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Photos

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

U.S.
The Associated Press

    STAY IN THE KNOW

    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast