Estimated read time: Less than a minute
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York City medical examiner's office says a Staten Island University Hospital anesthesiologist died in July of an accidental drug overdose.
Medical examiner's spokeswoman Julie Bolcer said Wednesday that Dr. Donald Baldovin died of acute fentanyl intoxication.
The Staten Island Advance http://bit.ly/1zxLG0q , which first reported the medical examiner's finding, said the 61-year-old doctor was found in a bed at the hospital's Ocean Breeze campus on the morning of July 26.
It said it was unknown whether Baldovin had a prescription for fentanyl, which is used for anesthesia and chronic pain management. Baldovin had worked at the hospital for over 25 years.
The newspaper said that a hospital spokeswoman declined comment, except to say he did not die while treating a patient.
Information from: Staten Island Advance, http://www.silive.com