News / 

Tax deadline here, but you can file for an extension

Tax deadline here, but you can file for an extension

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY - Wednesday's the deadline for Americans to file their taxes. If you don't think you can file your return on time, you might be able to get a six-month extension.

To do so you'll need to fill out and send in form 4868 by midnight.

That means you won't have to send in a payment right away, but your balance will accrue interest and late fees until you pay.

For more information, CLICK HERE.

Most recent News stories


Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast