Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- The holidays can be a perfect time to work on a craft with your kids. Sandy Sandler, founder of the nonprofit Crafters 4 Kids, brought us ideas for kid-friendly holiday gift projects.
- Snowman card
- Holiday gift box - ribbon necklace inside
- Ribbon necklace with bow
- Foam coasters
- Holiday cuffs
- Rudolph pencil
- Play-dough gift set
- Holiday greeting card with beaded Christmas tree pin
For directions, click here. Low-cost wrapping
When you set a holiday gift budget, you almost have to add the price of wrapping paper, bows, bags and tissue paper into your cost. All the gift wrapping can add up, but Sandy shared some frugal ways to wrap your holiday gifts this year.
- Ice cream carton wrapped in garland
- Out of season gift wrap reversed and decorated with holiday stickers
- Canvas bag with two picture holders attached
- Candy gift wrap
- Brown paper wrap decorated with coffee filters and greenery