From an "Associated Content" article.
Top 25 things to help avoid burnout during the holiday season:
1. Keep your expectations modest.
2. Do something different this year.
3. Lean on your support system.
4. Don't assume to worst.
5. Forget the unimportant stuff.
7. Head off problems.
8. Ask for help - but be specific.
9. Don't worry about things beyond your control.
10. Make new family traditions.
11. Find positive ways to remember loved ones.
12. Don't overbook.
13. Don't stay longer than you want.
14. Have a partner for the party.
15. Forget about the perfect gift.
16. Shop online.
17. Stick to a budget.
18. Stay on schedule.
20. Eat sensibly.
21. Don't rely on holiday spirits.
22. Try a sun lamp.
23. If you take medication, don't miss doses.
24. If you see a therapist, have extra meetings.
25. Give yourself a break.
It is a season of kindness and forgiveness, after all. Save some of it for yourself.
Follow the "Related Links" to read the entire article.
CLICK HERE to listen to Matt's radio program about this topic. (Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this could take a few minutes to download the audio.)