SALT LAKE CITY — Week 9 in the NFL saw diminished rolls for local players, but the stars shined. Bobby Wagner had 12 combined tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and a safety. Eric Weddle had four tackles and an interception for Baltimore. Alex Smith threw his first interception of the year to set the record at 287 passes without an interception.
Bobby Wagner (Utah State):
Wagner has been one of the premier middle linebackers in the league this year. He showed his impact on the game against Washington this week. Wagner had 10 solo tackles and two assisted tackles for the game, bringing his tackle total to 72 for the year. He is now in solo fourth place among all NFL players in tackles. Wagner also had two tackles for loss in the game, but none were more important than his first-quarter safety on Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. The Redskins were on their own 6-yard line when Cousins went back to pass in the shotgun. Wagner read the lineman perfectly, found a hole and tore through the Redskins' line. Cousins didn’t see Wagner, and Wagner came away with the first points of the game.
Eric Weddle (Utah):
Weddle recorded his third interception for the year against Tennessee. His interception came in a key moment in the fourth quarter, when the Ravens were down 6-16. The Ravens' offense turned the ball over on downs, giving the ball to the Titans on their 40-yard line. The Titans were looking for a deep pass on third down when Weddle picked off Marcus Maritoa. Weddle returned the ball 22 yards to the Ravens' 42-yard line, setting up the offense to cut the lead to 13-16. Weddle also had four total tackles for the Ravens in the loss to the Titans.
Alex Smith (Utah):
Smith has been one of the most efficient quarterbacks this year, not throwing an interception all season. Smith now set the record at 287 passes without an interception to start a season. Smith also ended his touchdown to interception ratio to start a season record at 18 touchdowns. Smith has let his numbers slip in the last few games and is slowly sliding down the statistical categories that he has led all year. Smith was 25-34 for 263 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Smith had a passer rating of 102.9 for the game, which was his third lowest of the year. Smith is now third in the league in completion percentage (69.6) and total touchdowns (18). Smith still leads the league in overall passer rating at 113.9 for the season and only trails Tom Brady in total passing yards. Smith and the Chiefs will have a week off to regroup from the loss at Dallas.
- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions, plays Monday night against Green Bay.
- Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs, had six combined tackles against Dallas.
- Jamaal Wiliams, RB, Green Bay Packers, plays Monday night against Detroit.
- James Cowser, LB, Oakland Raiders, played in the game against Miami and recorded no stats.
- Miles Killebrew, S, Detroit Lions, plays Monday night against Green Bay.
- LeShaun Sims, CB, Tennessee Titans, had four tackles against Baltimore.
- Devontae Booker, RB, Denver Broncos, had six carries for 21 yards and two receptions for 9 yards.
- Kaelin Clay, WR, Carolina Panthers, played in the game against Atlanta and recorded no stats.
- Dominique Hatfield, CB, Los Angeles Rams, played in the game against the Giants and recorded no stats.
- Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers, had one tackle against Atlanta..
- Brice McCain, CB, Tennessee Titans, had one tackle against Baltimore.
- Keith McGill II, S, Oakland Raiders, played in the game against Miami and recorded no stats.
- Jared Norris, LB, Carolina Panthers, played in the game against Atlanta and recorded no stats.
- Derrick Shelby, DE, Atlanta Falcons, had three combined tackles against Carolina.
- Sean Smith, CB, Oakland Raiders, had two combined tackles against Miami.
- Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans Saints, had four combined tackles against Tampa Bay.
- Marwin Evans, S, Green Bay Packers, plays Monday night against Detroit.
- Kyler Fackrell, LB, Green Bay Packers, plays Monday night against Detroit.
- Nevin Lawson, CB, Detroit Lions, plays Monday night against Green Bay.
- Nick Vigil, LB, Cincinnati Bengals, had six solo and three assisted tackles against Jacksonville.
- Kerwynn Williams, RB, Arizona Cardinals, had two carries for 6 yards against San Francisco.
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.