Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore's housing commissioner says federal officials are investigating allegations that some maintenance men demanded sexual favors in exchange for repairs at city housing projects.
Housing Commissioner Paul Graziano said Wednesday that the inspector general of U.S. Housing and Urban Development is looking into the allegations. He says the housing authority is cooperating with the HUD probe.
Graziano told reporters on Wednesday that he was unaware of the sex-for-repairs allegations "in any actionable way" until a lawsuit was filed last month.
Eleven women living at three public housing complexes have sued, alleging that maintenance workers demanded sexual favors.
Graziano says the housing authority has taken "very severe personnel actions" and that he is barred from discussing details.
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has staunchly defended Graziano since the allegations surfaced.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.







