Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
ST. GEORGE — A gunshot call sent multiple police and emergency units to an espresso shop on Sunset Boulevard on Wednesday afternoon, where a man died from what authorities believe was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The incident occurred at Perks Espresso and Smoothies located at 1515 W. Sunset Blvd. in St. George. Multiple police units and emergency personnel were dispatched to the scene, where they arrived to find several bystanders attempting to assist the man, who was sitting at one of the tables near the front of the shop.
St. George Police officer Tiffany Mitchell told St. George News the incident is being investigated as a possible suicide, adding detectives were still processing the scene and further information would be released as it became available.
Mitchell said the man was in his late 80s and was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has yet to be released.
Read the full article at St. George News.
Suicide prevention resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK.
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org