SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Health on Sunday reported 465 more test-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state and six new deaths from the disease.
The department also said 14,243 more vaccines have been administered over Saturday's numbers.
Over the past week, Utah is averaging 647 reported cases per day and a positive test rate of 5.2%. There are currently 203 Utahns reported hospitalized due to COVID-19, including 84 in intensive care.
The state's overall ICU capacity dipped just below 70%, at 69.8%, on Sunday after months of overcrowding. On Jan. 15, the state was using more than 93% of its ICU capacity.
Sunday's numbers came as 8,422 more tests were conducted in Utah, the health department said.
Overall, there have now been 371,235 confirmed cases, 1,935 deaths and 716,536 vaccines administered in Utah since the pandemic began. Of those vaccines, 254,569 have been second doses.
The state has administered 368,114 doses of the Pfizer vaccine and 348,422 of the Moderna vaccine, both of which require two shots for maximum effectiveness. The one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine was approved Saturday by the Food and Drug Administration and could be available in Utah as early as this week.
The six deaths reported Sunday included:
- A Salt Lake County woman between ages 65 and 84 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Salt Lake County man between ages 45 and 64 who was hospitalized when he died
- A Summit County man between ages 45 and 64 who was not hospitalized when he died
- A Tooele County man between ages 45 and 64 who was not hospitalized
- A Utah county man over age 85 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Weber County woman between ages 65 and 84 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- Saturday: Health department: 686 new coronavirus cases in Utah Saturday
- Friday: 651 more COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths, 22,092 vaccinations reported Friday in Utah
- Thursday: Utahns 16 and up with comorbidities now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine; 832 cases, 11 deaths reported Thursday
- Wednesday: 812 more COVID-19 cases, 14 deaths, 18,005 vaccinations reported Wednesday in Utah
- Tuesday: 716 more COVID-19 cases, 12 deaths, 11,966 vaccinations reported Tuesday in Utah
- Monday: 338 more COVID-19 cases, 1 death, 4,353 vaccinations reported Monday in Utah
See more details about KSL.com's COVID-19 data and methodology by clicking this link.
More information about Utah's health guidance levels is available at coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels.
Information is from the Utah Department of Health and coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts. For more information on how the Utah Department of Health compiles and reports COVID-19 data, visit coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts and scroll down to the "Data Notes" section at the bottom of the page.