With the Christmas holiday now in the rearview mirror, most people are looking forward to the new year and the celebrations surrounding it. Although most people know the months-old guidelines of washing your hands often and wearing a mask, the Centers for Disease Control is constantly updating their guidance, especially around the holidays.
For example, the CDC updated guidelines about winter holidays and how to keep you and your loved ones (and strangers) healthy. Some of those new guidelines include travel recommendations, what you should do to keep yourself safe if you have to travel, and what you should do in case you're exposed. Read more about what the experts recommend on the CDC website.
In addition to individuals washing their hands and maintaining a distance from each other, businesses can pledge to keep their customers and community healthy.
Check your favorite businesses to see if they've taken the pledge to Stay Safe to Stay Open. When they take the pledge, they agree to do the following:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
To make the pledge and hang up the sign indicating you pledge to keep everyone healthy, visit stayopenutah.com.
To test your knowledge of the CDC's latest guidelines, take the quiz below. Don't forget to enter your information for the chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card.