With COVID-19 giving everyone a chance to reexamine their cleaning habits, it's no surprise sanitizers and disinfectants are hard to find. According to a 2017 study published in Germs, the average high schooler's smartphone has 10.5 CFU/cm2 bacteria living on it. In non-microbiologist terms, there's a really high number of bad bacteria thriving on teens' phones.
Keeping that disturbing fact in mind, it's more important now than ever that businesses keep up on sanitary measures to keep customers and clients healthy. Your business can show its commitment to keeping everyone healthier by pledging to Stay Safe to Stay Open. These are the measures you agree to:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
To make the pledge and hang up the sign indicating you pledge to keep everyone healthy, visit stayopenutah.com.
If you think you're a germ expert, take the quiz below. Enter your information and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card.