Estimated read time: Less than a minute
* 1/2 pound bow-tie pasta
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, in puree
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon sugar
* Coarse salt
* 2 precooked chicken sausages, about 3 ounces each, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
* 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (1 3/4 cups)
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano, and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring and breaking up tomatoes until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add pasta, sausage, and half the mozzarella; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and top is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with Romaine Salad.