This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Peach Cheesecake Galette
with Harmons Chef Debbie Iverson
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Zest from 1 lemon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 cups, peeled, sliced peaches
Juice from 1 lemon
½ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 to ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons corn starch
1. Mix together cream cheese, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, salt and egg yolk in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
2. Toss peaches with lemon juice. In small mixing bowl whisk together ½ cup sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to peach mixture and stir in until mixed.
3. Roll pie dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer dough to a piece of parchment and place on baking sheet.
4. Spread about 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 2 to 3-inchborder on all sides. Place the peach mixture in the center of the cream cheese and spread into an even layer over the filling. Dollop the remaining cream cheese mixture over the peaches. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling pleating as needed. Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F. until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)