This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Chef Jeff's Tips for Easy Weekday Family Meals
1. Make a Plan.
2. Use “Clicklist” for your weekly shopping (Smith's online ordering service.)
3. Make use of pre cut items from produce, deli, and meat department.
4. Don’t be afraid of pre made pasta sauces.
5. Keep a stocked pantry.
6. Make use of convenient frozen items.
7. Use 1 pot or pan recipes.(crock pot, insta pot, or sheet pan.)
Sheet Pan Korean Chicken and Vegetables
From Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cup pre cut broccoli florets
1 lb pre sliced carrot chips
¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. brown sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tbsp garlic minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add the chicken to the center of a sheet pan in a single layer.
4. Arrange the veggies around the chicken, trying to keep in a single layer if possible.
5. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
6. Serve with rice.