For the first time in over 20 years, the Parliament of the World's Religions is coming to the United States, and will be in Salt Lake City on October 15-19th, 2015.
• The Parliament of the World's Religion is the oldest and most inclusive interfaith organization in the world.
• The first Parliament was held in Chicago in 1893 and was the first ever global interfaith gathering.
• The Salt Lake City event will be the first Parliament held in the United States for twenty years. Previous gathering were held in Melbourne (2009), Barcelona (2004), Cape Town (1999), and Chicago (1993).
• An estimated 10,000 people from 80 countries and 50 faith traditions will be represented.
• Utah was chosen due to its reputation for being an exceptional hosting city. The Olympic games demonstrated that Salt Lake City could organize world-class global events. The Parliament has been referred to as "the Olympic games of the interfaith movement."
• Five Nobel Peace Prize Laureates will be speaking
• Speakers include His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, Karen Armstrong (historian of religion and founder of the Charter for Compassion), Eboo Patel (Founder and President of the Interfaith Youth Core), Dr. Jane Goodall (primatologist and U.N. Messenger of Peace), Mairead Maguire (Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and peace activist in Northern Ireland), Krista Tippett (Peabody Award-winning journalist for her coverage of religion), Rabbi David Saperstein (United States Ambassador at-large for International Religious Freedom).
• Registration is open and there are discounts available for local residents.
• In addition to speakers, there will be film festivals, art exhibits, performances, and a Sacred Music Night at the LDS Tabernacle.
You can find out more information by going to ParliamentofReligions.com. And enter the promo code "Beehive 35" for 35% off your registration.