Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
AP DAYBOOK, WASHINGTON, Wednesday, February 5
UPDATE: GAO REPORTS
------------------------- The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) released the following reports and testimonies today:
1. Workforce Investment Act: Strategies Needed to Improve Certain Training Outcome Data. GAO-14-137, January 31. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-137 Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/660598.pdf
2. Transitioning Veterans: Improved Oversight Needed to Enhance Implementation of Transition Assistance Program. GAO-14-144, March 5. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-144 Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/661362.pdf
3. International Food Aid: Prepositioning Speeds Delivery of Emergency Aid, but Additional Monitoring of Time Frames and Costs Is Needed. GAO-14-277, March 5. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-277 Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/661356.pdf Podcast - http://www.gao.gov/multimedia/podcasts/661384
1. Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle: Introducing Competition into National Security Space Launch Acquisitions, by Cristina Chaplain, director, acquisition and sourcing management, before the Subcommittee on Defense, Senate Committee on Appropriations. GAO-14-259T, March 5. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-259T Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/661339.pdf
2. Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Request: U.S. Government Accountability Office, by Gene L. Dodaro, Comptroller General of the United States, before the Subcommittee on Legislative Branch, House Committee on Appropriations. GAO-14-403T, March 5. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-403T Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/661342.pdf
3. Retirement Security: Trends in Marriage, Work, and Pensions May Increase Vulnerability for Some Retirees, by Barbara D. Bovbjerg, managing director, education, workforce, and income security, before the Senate Special Committee on Aging. GAO-14-272T, March 5. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-272T Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/661376.pdf
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.