Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 quarts strawberries
Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and pour into glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add strawberries, arranging in a single layer. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over berries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.\