What will happen if Mitt Romney loses in Iowa, as the latest poll numbers show he will do? ABC Political consultant Torie Clark has some interesting observations. Plus, Gary Langer, the Director of Polling for ABC, breaks down the numbers with more on the Huckabee surge. Click here to listen.
There were some doozy quotes in 2007. We had them this morning. From Shapiro's 10 most memorable quotes, here they are in descending order:
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history." Former President Jimmy Carter, referring to the Bush administration in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." Sen. Joseph Biden, referring to rival Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.
8. "(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom." Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig, explaining why his foot touched the foot of an undercover police officer in an airport men's room
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody who has a 9 percent approval rating." Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, referring to Republican Vice President Dick Cheney
6. "There's only three things he (Republican presidential candidate and former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11." Sen. Joseph Biden, speaking during a debate for Democratic presidential candidates
5. "I don't recall." Former U.S. Attorney Alberto Gonzales' repeated response to questions from members of Congress about the firing of U.S. attorneys
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there." Radio personality Don Imus, referring to the Rutgers University women's basketball team
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country." Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, during a speaking engagement at Columbia University in New York
2. "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us." Lauren Upton, the South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen America contest, when asked why one-fifth of Americans cannot find the U.S on a map
1. "Don't tase me, bro." Shouted by a Florida college student removed from a speech by Sen. John Kerry.
One of the big Christmas movies this year is Sweeney Todd, starring Johnny Depp. Remember how Depp's character in the Pirates movies was inspired by rocker Keith Richards? Well, he's done it again. Depp says he was inspired by rock star Iggy Popp for the voice and demeanor of his murdering barber character in Sweeney Todd.