Estimated read time: 4-5 minutes
KSL 5 TV and Deseret First Credit Union Deseret First Duel Contest Official Rules
1. Dates/Eligibility. The KSL 5 TV and Deseret First Credit Union Deseret First Duel Contest (the "Contest") begins November 13, 2007 and ends February 25, 2008. KSL 5 TV (the "Station") may change the dates or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be posted on a page at www.dfcu.com/duel/ (the "Site"). The Contest is open to all legal residents of Utah, eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant's chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, Bonneville International Corporation, Deseret First Credit Union, any entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the "Sponsors") or any other television or radio station that transmits a signal for reception anywhere within the State of Utah, as well as members of the same household of the employee or agent, are ineligible to participate.
2. How to Enter. Beginning November 13, 2007, and continuing until approximately 11:59 p.m., February 22, 2008, contestants can visit the Site and complete and submit an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
3. Selection of Winners. On or about December 5, 2007 the Station will select one (1) entry at random from all eligible entries received to date as the winner of Prize No. 1. Previously submitted entries will carryover to the drawing for Prize No. 2. On or about February 25, 2008 the Station will select one (1) entry at random from all eligible entries received to date as the winner of Prize No. 2. The Station will attempt to contact each winner as soon as possible using the information provided on the entry form. If the Station is unable to timely contact a winner, or if the winner is unable to use their prize, the Station may select an alternate winner.
4. Prizes. A total of two (2) prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Prize No. 1 will consist of the winner's choice of attending the 2007 football bowl game of BYU or the University of Utah (dates and location to be determined). The prize will include (a) roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) from Salt Lake City to the location of the bowl game, (b) standard hotel accommodations for two (2) people for one (1) night at a location near the bowl game, and (c) two (2) tickets to the bowl game. Prize No 2 will consist of (a) roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas, (b) standard hotel accommodations for two (2) people for two (2) nights in Las Vegas, and (c) two (2) tickets to the Mountain West Conference Men's Basketball Tournament (scheduled for March 12-15, 2008). The retail value of each prize is approximately $1,200.00. Prizes do not include airport transportation or rental car, travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, meals, merchandise or souvenirs, local or long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees, taxes or any other cost or expense not expressly stated. The Station reserves the right to substitute any component of either prize with a component of comparable value should the first component be unavailable. Prizes are not transferable, subject to substitution by the contestant or redeemable for cash. Each winner will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc.
5. Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify each of the Sponsors, and the officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees of each of the Sponsors, for, from and against any and all claims, demands and causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the contestant's participation in the Contest. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for each Sponsor and its designees to use the contestant's name, likeness, portrait, voice and biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Sponsor or the products and services of any of its designees or both. Each prize winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station and sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release (including a publicity release) as prepared by the Station. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of the Contest.
6. Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site, at the studios of the Station, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, P.O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City, Utah 84110-1160, during regular business hours or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.