OGDEN — After last season's shows were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ogden Twilight concert series will be back this summer.
The series starts on Aug. 13 with Fitz and the Tantrums and Kishi Bashi kicking off the shows. Grouplove and BLACKSTARKIDS will wrap up the series on Sept. 25. The concerts will take place at the Ogden City Amphitheater.
In a Tuesday Facebook post, concert organizers said they tried their best to recreate last year's concert lineup that was lost to the pandemic.
"We came close, but several artists just aren't going to tour in 2021," the post said. "However, we're incredibly excited about the new artists we're able to work with this year and extremely grateful for their willingness to come play this affordable community building series."
New this year, Ogden Twilight will feature two "festival" weekends, with back-to-back shows on Aug. 20-21 and again on Sept. 3-4.
Here's the full lineup of artists and shows for the series:
- Aug. 13: Fitz and the Tantrums, with Kishi Bashi
- Aug. 20: The Flaming Lips, with Dan Deacon
- Aug. 21: Big Wild, with Crooked Colours
- Aug. 28: Louis The Child, with Washed Out and Goth Babe
- Sept. 3: To be announced
- Sept. 4: Noah Cyrus, with Ant Clemons and Cop Kid
- Sept. 10: Death Cab For Cutie
- Sept. 16: Purity Ring, with Dawn Richard and Oorb
- Sept. 21: Portugal. The Man, with Japanese Breakfast
- Sept. 25: Grouplove, wit BLACKSTARKIDS
Concert organizers said they weren't ready yet to announce the headliner for the Sept. 3 show, but said it's an artist they have been trying to book for the series since it began.
"We couldn't make these shows happen without the incredible team at the Ogden City Amphitheater and our local sponsors," series organizers said in the Facebook post. "They all go above and beyond to make sure world-class live music is accessible to everyone in the community."
Season passes for the entire series are now available at www.24tix.com/ot. Individual tickets for the shows will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.