This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- After losing last week to Lone Peak to start region play, Brighton rebounded in a big way, upsetting their rival Alta 21-10 to improve to 1-1 in Region 4.
Ogden improved to 5-0 in their first season in 4A as Nik Allred threw for seven touchdowns in the Tigers' 63-42 win over Logan. The seven touchdown passes by Allred tied a state record.
My top 5 player performances from week 5
5. Ben Jorgensen, WR, Richfield
Richfield senior wide receiver Ben Jorgensen caught three touchdown passes from teammate Tyler Sorensen as the Wildcats blanked Carbon 34-0.
4. Dylan Chynoweth, RB, Park City
Park City senior running back Dylan Chynoweth ran for 241 yards and three touchdowns as the Miners beat Manti 56-14.
3. Payton Davis, QB, Wasatch
Wasatch senior quarterback Payton Davis threw for six touchdowns, four of them in the first quarter, as the Wasps beat North Sanpete 56-20.
2. Dallas Lloyd, QB, Pleasant Grove
Pleasant Grove senior quarterback Dallas Lloyd threw for five touchdowns and ran for another as the the Vikings ran past West Jordan 43-14.
1. Nik Allred, QB, Ogden
Ogden senior quarterback Nik Allred once again finds himself in the top five with his eight touchdown performance against Logan on Friday night. Allred tied a state record with seven touchdown passes, piling up 429 yards through the air, while also running for 161 yards and a touchdown. Ogden beat Logan 63-42 to stay undefeated.
Defense wins games, and eight teams impressively shut out their opponents in week five.
South Sevier 21, Millard 0
Hunter 38, Cyprus 0
Kearns 21, Taylorsville 0
Timpview 40, Orem 0
Springville 14, Payson 0
Dixie 21, Desert Hills 0
Duchesne 48, Whitehorse 0
Richfield 34, Carbon 0
50 Point Club
- Quarterback Nik Allred threw for seven touchdowns as Ogden outscored Logan 63-42 to improve to 5-0 in their first season in 4A.
- Salem Hills jumped out to a 38-6 halftime lead as they defeated Maple Mountain 52-6.
- Zach Hatch ran for two touchdowns and returned a punt for a score as Altamont beat Monument Valley 55-14
- Park City jumped out to a 21-0 first quarter lead and never looked back, beating Manti 56-14.
- Wasatch quarterback Payton Davis threw for four first quarter touchdowns as the Wasps beat North Sanpete 56-20.