SALT LAKE CITY — Check back here for the latest scores from all the Week 8 high school football games across the state.
Game of the Week: Wasatch @ Salem Hills
Why did we choose Wasatch at Salem Hills?
Week 9 of the high school football season starts early, with close to half of the state's schools playing on Thursday in preparation for next week's fall break.
Of note is Region 4, where the top four teams in this week's Top 20+1 will play Thursday night, including top-ranked Corner Canyon at No. 3 Skyridge, and No. 2 Lone Peak at No. 4 American Fork. Can the underdogs further shake up Region 4 with two weeks (or less, in some schools' cases) remaining in the regular season?
But move further south on I-15, and you'll find a potential region title race being contested in Salem. Led by quarterback Adarius Edwards (1,700 yards, 19 touchdowns), Wasatch hasn't lost to a 5A opponent all year and can clinch at least a share of the Region 8 title with a win over the Skyhawks. A win and a loss by Maple Mountain will guarantee the Wasps (6-1, 3-0 Region 8) an outright region title, as well.
After suffering a staggering 16-13 home loss to Springville, Salem Hills (6-1, 2-1) rebounded with a plucky 26-21 win at Provo, where quarterback Jarret Elmer threw for three touchdowns and ran for another. Can the senior make similar magic Thursday night and keep the Skyhawks in contention for a region title?
Because of next week's fall break, many schools played on Thursday. But there are still plenty of games being contested Friday, including East's road trip to Riverton. The Silverwolves are just 5-3 on the year, but are currently on a three-game winning streak that includes a 20-17 win at Bingham — Riverton's first win over the Miners since 2003.
Can Riverton snap a similar streak against East (3-4) for the first time since the two schools were joined together in Region 3 in 2017?
Where to watch
You can watch more games live on KSL.com. The games streaming are as follows:
- South Summit at Morgan (6:45 pm): Watch here
- Lone Peak at American Fork (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Wasatch at Salem Hills (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Provo at Maple Mountain (6:30 pm): Watch here
- Farmington at Bountiful (3:00 pm): Watch here
- Cody (Wyo.) at Star Valley (Wyo.) (4:30 pm): Watch here
- Evanston (Wyo.) at Jackson Hole (Wyo.) (6:00 pm): Watch here
- North Sevier at Gunnison Valley (6:00 pm): Watch here
- Milford at Parowan (6:25 pm): Watch here
- Viewmont at Woods Cross (6:30 pm): Watch here
- Grantsville at Juan Diego (6:30 pm): Watch here
- Fremont at Davis (6:30 pm): Watch here
- East at Riverton (6:30 pm): Watch here
- Sky View at Bear River (6:45 pm): Watch here
- Snow Canyon at Crimson Cliffs (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Pine View at Dixie (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Desert Hills at Canyon View (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Kanab at Enterprise (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Hurricane at Cedar (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Providence Hall at Cottonwood (6:50 pm): Watch here
- Bear Lake (Idaho) at Malad (Idaho) (7:00 pm): Watch here
- Emery at Richfield (7:00 pm): Watch here
- Juab at Delta (7:00 pm): Watch here
- Millard at Beaver (7:00 pm): Watch here
- North Sanpete at Manti (7:00 pm): Watch here
- Alta at Timpview (3:30 pm): Watch here
Heading out to a game? Remember to tag your photos on Twitter using #KSLpreps and we'll feature some of the best in a weekly gallery on the KSL.com Sports Facebook page.
If you can't see the scoreboard below, you can view the schedule/scores on the Prep Scoreboard page.