THE STREETS — February is about the wrap up, and that means it's time to start working on your summer body. I know the summer is months away still, but this is when you start working out and eating right. So, when the sun does finally come out, you’ll be ready to get those guns out.
Finding motivation, however, is another story altogether. I don't know about you, but every night I go to bed, I am the most committed person on the planet. For example, this is a regular conversation I have with myself:
- 11 p.m. John: “You know what? I'm done with eating bad food. I feel sick all the time. I'm ready to feel good. Tomorrow morning, I'm hitting the gym and I'm going to make myself a healthy lunch. No more going out. Goodbye, junk food.”
- 6 a.m. John: “Why is my alarm going off? Oh, the gym. I'll go this afternoon.”
- 12 p.m. John: “I know I have that lunch with kale and almonds, but McDonald's is offering two Big Macs for $5. I'd be stupid not to take advantage of that deal.”
- 6 p.m. John: “Those Big Macs are sitting heavy. I can't go to the gym tonight.”
- 11 p.m. John: “No more days like today. That's the end of that lazy John. Tomorrow is going to be different.”
- 6 a.m. John: “Why is my alarm going off?”
You get it. But I think I finally found my motivation — and it's a cat. That's right people, a white, fluffy furball is going to turn things around for me.
This fit feline was spotted in a parking lot in China some time ago, but I need motivation now so I don't care if the video is old. The cat has its feet up on the bumper of a car and is doing sit-ups at a mad pace. I mean, harness that energy into the grid system and rolling blackouts will be a thing of the past.
I don't know why this cat needs jacked abs, but who am I to tell him to stop? You get shredded, fella, and I'll take your lead and make the world my gym just like you have.
So, if you see me doing sit-ups under a car in a random parking lot in Salt Lake City, just deal with it and say to yourself, "I need to be more like that guy who's more like that cat that that same guy told me about."
Summer, here we come.