This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
ORLANDO -- The Utah Jazz have two games remaining on their pre-Christmas road trip, the first of which is Monday night against the Orlando Magic.
The Jazz (16-11) are 2-1 on their road trip so far, with wins over New Jersey and Charlotte and a loss to Atlanta.
C.J. Miles will make his return to the starting lineup against the Magic (20-7) after missing the first five weeks of the season. Miles will replace Wesley Matthews.
Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, who is friends with Dwight Howard, is excited to take on the Magic. "Orlando is a great team. We got them at home earlier in the month, and I know they want some revenge. They're a good basketball team. They play great in their arena."KSL takes a look back and ahead as we prep for the game against the Magic.
What did we learn about the Jazz against the Charlotte Bobcats?
- The Jazz are now 10-1 in games following a loss. The Jazz rebounded from a horrible loss at Atlanta to bea the Bobcats 110-102/
- C.J. Miles played well enough to get the nod to return to the starting lineup. Miles had 20 points, five rebounds, three steals and three assists against the Bobcats.
What can the Jazz expect from the Magic?
- Revenge. The Magic led by 18 against the Jazz before eventually losing in Salt Lake.
- The Magic hope the return of All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson will help keep their five game home winning streak alive. Nelson has been unable to play since Nov. 18 due to knee surgery. He is averaging 14 points and 6 assists this season.
Probable Jazz starting lineup
- C - Mehmet Okur, 6-11, 273 lbs., Turkey
- PF - Carlos Boozer, 6-9, 260 lbs., Duke
- SF - Ronnie Brewer, 6-7, 236 lbs., Arkansas
- SG - C.J. Miles, 6-6, 220 lbs., Skyline HS (Dallas)
- PG - Deron Williams, 6-3, 207 lbs., Illinois
Probable Magic starting lineup
- C - Dwight Howard, 6-11, 275 lbs.
- PF - Rashard Lewis, 6-10, 230 lbs.
- SF - Mickael Pietrus, 6-6, 215 lbs.
- SG - Vince Carter, 6-6, 220 lbs.
- PG - Jason Williams, 6-1, 190 lbs.
Vince Carter 19.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg / Dwight Howard 18.1 ppg, 12.8 rpg
Jazz Injury Updates
- Kyle Korver (knee) - GAME TIME DECISION
- Matt Harpring - (knee) Out for season
Magic Injury Updates
- Jameer Nelson - torn meniscus, left knee, Probable
Whatever the reason, the Utah Jazz play better after a loss, winning ten out of 11 games following a loss. With the Jazz coming off a win against the Bobcats and the Magic riding a five game home win streak, Utah will have to play exceptionally well to come away with a win in Orlando.