2 Utahns sickened by raw cookie dough

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY -- Two people in Utah have gotten sick from eating Nestle brand cookie dough.

The company has voluntarily recalled nearly 50 of its Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products. It says the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are looking into reports that the dough may be contaminated with E. coli.

Some consumers have reportedly eaten the dough raw and became sick. Nestle says people should not eat the dough raw and a warning is included on the packaging.

Consumers can return the products to their grocery store and get a full refund. [CLICK HERE to see a full list of the recalled products]

Related links

Related stories

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast