Estimated read time: Less than a minute
An elderly New Jersey woman is recovering after spending two days trapped inside a small recycling bin.
76-year-old Mary Davis lives alone, and accidentally became trapped inside the bin inside her Mount Holly garage.
Her daughter became concerned when she couldn't reach her and called Davis' neighbor, Michele Ayala-Godwin.
When Ayala-Godwin couldn't get Davis to answer the door, she asked her 14-year-old son to squeeze through a pet door.
Once he was inside Kazon Ayala-Godwin found Davis trapped in the bin, weak but alive.
"She raised her hand and goes, 'I am here!' and I looked what was initially a terrifying sight became a gratifying sight at the same time," Michele said.
Ayala-Godwin says a space heater inside the garage kept Davis warm, which likely saved her life.