News / Utah / 

Family of Motel Fire Victim File Wrongful Death Suit

Family of Motel Fire Victim File Wrongful Death Suit



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) The family of a woman killed in a fire at a Utah County motel have filed a wrongful death suit.

Linda Ungricht died in October of 2005 when her room at the Valley Inn motel went up in flames.

An investigation showed the room did not have adequate smoke detectors.

Ungricht's family says she was not properly informed of the problem and that the owner of the motel never got a final safety inspection on the building.

They are seeking an undisclosed amount of money from the owner.

Related links

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast