News / Utah / 

Gas explosion injures man in SLC



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY -- A Salt Lake man was badly burned Saturday night when a gas line exploded inside his home.

"His head was on fire, his chest, his clothes, his arms were on fire," said witness Adam Burdash.

Witnesses were able to help the man until fire crews arrived.

Gas explosion injures man in SLC

The explosion caused the house, located near Washington and South streets, to go up in flames.

Firefighters turned off the gas to the house and put out the blaze.

The man told witnesses he was trying to light a pilot light in the furnace when the explosion happened. He was hospitalized.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast