News / Utah / 

Fire damage forces Grantsville students to begin school elsewhere

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

GRANTSVILLE -- Fire damage to Grantsville Elementary School will keep students out of the building this fall.

The Tooele School Board still hasn't decided where to send approximately 750 kids when classes start next month. But they say smoke and water damage is too much to hold school at Grantsville Elementary for at least a few months.

A stove burner in the teachers' lounge caused the blaze Monday morning.

Related stories

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast